Friday, May 10, 2013

In Celebration of Mother's Day - Love Never Fails

Deb & Dana 





Brian, Deb & Christie


The love that  I have for my daughters and sons
is not derived from genetics or blood.
It doesn’t depend on their color or shade,
or if they arrived as newborn babes.
Deb & Nicole 

Deb & Lorne 

This love in my heart grew and was formed
with or without an umbilical cord.
Whether born of adoption or labour pains
this love multiplied as each child came.

Brian & Justin 

                                                                   Deb & Jeremy


For love is of God and he freely gives
when we reach out with our hearts, and the will to commit.
Love grounded in faith knows no limits or bounds.
It lives and thrives where grace is found.


                                                                      Deb & Daniel 
Brian & Danica 


This love doesn’t seek perfection or praise.
It finds the strength to bend and to change.
It bears all things, believes all things,
Hopes all things, and endures all things.
Love never fails.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having experienced parenthood through both birth and adoption, I know that there truly is no difference in the depth of love I have for my children. It doesn’t require an umbilical cord to form an attachment to a child. In order to become Mom to some of my children, I had to endure many more months of waiting than I did with my pregnancies. The time and the effort required has only served to strengthen the bond I have with them.
I also know that I am blessed beyond measure to be the mother of these eight wonderful kids!

....and that I I really need to get some pictures back from some of them! hahaha


Matthew 10:8b freely ye have received, freely give.
1 Corinthians 13:7,8a Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth:


2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I have a friend who have adopted several children through the foster care program back home. Every time I hear about their new family members, I wish the Lord would lay it on our hearts to go that route. Until He does, I'll continue to love reading about others and their life and praying for them. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, I just wanted to stop by and say hello as it has been a while and I've not been blogging much lately, but getting lots done around home though!

    I enjoyed your Mother's Day post and hope you get some pictures back from your children. LOL! Blessings and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete