Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Serving My Family- Serving God

A couple of weeks ago, I posted some thoughts on Serving God, with the plan to make some regular posts on the subject. But as so often happens, life interupts my plans. After writing that post, I had four of my grandkids spend the night, before our Christmas break ended. Then, I spent alot of time online, reading, researching, and then implementing some plans for our 'homeschool'....which is another post for another day. Then, last week I got a call from our agency asking if I would be available for emergency placements...something I didn't expect to do until we finalized Danica's adoption next month...but I said yes...and surprise, surprise, the very next day they brought me two little boys under the age of two. Needless to say, I've accomplished very little since then.
It occurred to me today, while I have both boys napping, that what I am doing....raising our second family, spending time with my grandkids, helping out our grownup kids, and looking after other little ones..... is the best possible service I could give to God. Not that I didn't already know this....I do....but sometimes I just need a reminder..... what better way to live out my verse for 2013, than to be an example to my family. "......but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15c" 

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I feel this way a lot of days! Seriously, my world feels pretty small in this season; like you, I understand that what I'm doing here (especially with the homeschooling) is sowing good kingdom seed. Oh that we could sit and chat over coffee/tea and encourage one another! I wish our kids could get together. They'd have a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, wouldn't that be nice! We'll just have to settle for cyber encouragement!

    ReplyDelete